Reiki is a traditional healing method which involves channeling the cosmic energy through one’s hands and administering the same on the patient and self. Reiki is a spiritual healing art with its roots in Japanese origin. The word Reiki comes from the Japanese word (Rei) which means “Universal Life” and (Ki) which means “Energy”. Reiki is not affiliated with any particular religion or religious practice. It is not massage nor is it based on belief or suggestion. It is a subtle and effective form of energy work using spiritually guided life force energy.
Reiki is the life energy that flows through all living things. Reiki Practitioners understand that everyone has the ability to connect with their own healing energy and use it to strengthen energy in their own self and others. It is believed that a person’s “ki” or energy should be strong and free flowing. When this is true a person’s body and mind is in a positive state of health. When the energy becomes weak or blocked it could lead to symptoms of physical or emotional imbalance.
Reiki is believed to have been associated with Mikao Usui who is credited with rediscovering the root system now called Reiki. His tradition and methods were passed through several grandmasters of Reiki. Today, Reiki takes many forms, however, The Usui System of Natural Healing is still the form most widely practiced. Practitioners and Master Teachers are trained through an initiation process where Masters pass on their knowledge and expertise to their students.
Reiki is a great tool for stress reduction and relaxation. Many people use Reiki for wellness. It assists the body in creating an environment to facilitate healing. Reiki is a great tool to use as a complement to traditional medicine and is practiced in many hospitals and medical care settings.
Many times a client, after experiencing Reiki treatments, will wish to learn Reiki to work with this energy themselves by taking a Reiki I course.
Reiki is a powerful tool that can open our spiritual gifts or speed up the journey. All Reiki Practitioners, no matter what level they are, have gone through an attunement process. This attunement opens the crown chakra, the heart chakra, and the chakras located within the palms. The practitioner is also provided with ancient healing symbols. These symbols work to activate energy shifts within and around us while manifesting profound healing for the self and other people, situations, or things.
Once the attunement is complete, the chakras of the new practitioner are opened and prepared to assist themselves and others on the spiritual path. The practitioner is able to access the gift of Reiki energy and divine light any time it is thought of, but more so it cleans and opens the chakras so they are able to work at their full potential. Should one fall out of touch with Reiki, the chakras remain sensitive to divine energy and can quickly open and clear low energies with the use of healing attunements, symbols, and intent. The more a practitioner utilizes divine energy, the more the practitioner is cleared of energy that does not suit his or her higher purpose.
There are many benefits of this wonderful practice:-
- One of the greatest Reiki healing health benefits is stress reduction and relaxation, which triggers the body’s natural healing abilities (immune system), aids in better sleep and improves and maintains health.
- Reiki helps bring about inner peace and harmony. It can be valuable tool in the quest for spiritual growth
- Reiki also balances the mind and emotions. Regular Reiki treatments can bring about a calmer and more peaceful state of being, in which a person is better able to cope with everyday stress. This mental balance also enhances learning, memory and mental clarity. Reiki can heal mental/emotional wounds, work through dysfunction In more severe situations, Reiki can help alleviate mood swings, fear, frustration and even anger. Reiki can also strengthen and heal personal relationships. Because Reiki enhances your capability to love, it can open you up to the people around you and help your relationships grow. By improving your capacity for empathy, Reiki allows you to connect with people on a deeper level.
- Reiki offers relief during emotional distress and sorrow. Reiki helps in the grieving process. It cleans and clears the emotions, preventing them from being so draining and offers perspective.
- On the physical level, Reiki helps to relieve pain from migraine, arthritis, sciatica ~ just to name a few. It also helps with symptoms of asthma, chronic fatigue, menopausal symptoms, and insomnia.
- Reiki speeds up recovery from surgery or long-term illness. As it helps in adjusting to medicine/treatment, it also tends to reduce side-effects. For example, Chemo-therapy patients who received Reiki noticed a marked decrease in side effects from treatment.
- Reiki can be an effective way to treat immediate problems, such as physical or mental illness recovery from surgery, but regular treatments can also improve overall health. By helping to maintain a state of physical and emotional balance, Reiki can not only treat problems, but perhaps even prevent them from ever developing.
Reiki is for everyone: it heals adults, babies, toddlers, children, elderly and pets.
Reiki has four levels, with the third level being divided into two parts. The learning duration of each level can be of 4- 6 hours. The proficiency in the same depends on the individual’s practice. More regular the practice, more powerful the result. The gifts of this wonderful healing process are many. It provides a protective shield against the evil eye. It is very beneficial for students as it improves their concentration well. It helps to form healthy relationships with oneself and others. It leads to prosperity. Life becomes a beautiful journey. Many are concerned with the side effects of this practice. The side effects are that one gains much more than what one asks for. Like, if one is praying for sound health, he will surely get that with regular Reiki practice along with a happy state of being.